Monday, December 14, 2009

I have colorless spots on my arms and need to know how to cover them up to match the surrounding skin tone?

I need to know before june 21. that is my wedding date, and my dress is sleevless. Please find the cheapest way as well. After paying for a wedding there's no money for expensive makeupI have colorless spots on my arms and need to know how to cover them up to match the surrounding skin tone?
The person above listed most possible causes of skin problems, but there is one called keratosis pilaris. It is mostly across the back of upper arms and can also appear on the backs of necks and shoulders. There is no cure for it, but it sometimes goes away on its own. Don’t scrub the area, and pat it dry. You can get medicated soaps and lotions from your doctor or in the pharmacy.





To cover up the spots, I recommend SALLY HANSEN AIRBRUSH LEGS. Yes, it’s for legs, but I’ve used it on my arms. It’s like foundation for non-facial skin. It doesn’t cover moles, but covers my spots and looks like smooth, natural skin. Just don’t get the color “light glow” unless you are VERY pale, like Scandinavian pale, because it is really light. It also doesn’t come off until you wash it with soap and water. Alternatively, you can use a self-tanner lotion all over, but this won’t cover nearly as well.





Good luck, and blessings to your marriage =)I have colorless spots on my arms and need to know how to cover them up to match the surrounding skin tone?
Consider seeing your doctor or dermatologist. There are several conditions that cause this.





1. Vitiligo (more common in darker skin tones)


2. Skin fungus (these areas won't tan. If you have light skin and everything tans except these areas)


3. eczema (it's like a skin allergy)


4. Yeast infection


5. other allergies





Anyway you should have someone look at it. I am a medical assistant, and I have seen skin stuff before. A lot of times the doctor can give you a cream or oral medication and clear it up. It is not good to try a lot of home remedies until you know what it is.
It is unlikely, but if you tan in a bed you may have caught a skin fungus. See a dermatologist. Then you will know for sure.





Covering up white spots is difficult try a self tanner, one that is really dark or use a dark eyeshadow that matches your skin...assuming it is tan. If you have many white spots see the derm. Do IT. If it turns out to be fungus they will give you some medication to take or apply that will make it all go away. you have to ask yourself, ';how much am I worth?';

No comments:

Post a Comment