Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Will hair grow back from bald spots lefts from bleach chemical burns?

I got my hair bleached and initially had scabs on my head in the beginning of Feb. I have two bald spots the size of your thumb right at the top of the crown of my head!





There isn't any peach-fuzz growing on those spots yet since last month. ALL the hair was burned off that left two huge obvious (completley bald) spots.


will it grow back??Will hair grow back from bald spots lefts from bleach chemical burns?
If it has been 1 month I wouldn't worry just yet. Your scalp needs to heal from the burn. There is 2 concerns though.


#1 Depending upon how bad the burn was and how it heals you may get scar tissue, which hair will take a long time to grow through if it ever does.


#2. Burns can damage the follicle of the hair which will make the hair grow back slow and extremely thin.





There are a few things you will want to do.


#1. Evaluate how bad the burn was and determine whether or not you think there will be scar tissue. If no then go to step 2 if yes go to a dermatologist.


#2. Use a shampoo that has no sulfates. Sulfates are found in cheap shampoos. They are abrasive salts used to cleanse the hair but they do serious damage to the scalp and hair in the process.


#3. Start taking Elon Matrix 5,000 vitamins. These vitamins have biotin in them, which Dermatologists have found to help in hair regrowth. From what I have read about this product it helps rebuild the follicle and strengthen the hair. From using the product I know it works. My hair is thicker and healthier now than it has been in years. The company also has a nice sulfate free hair care collection that I use because I loved their vitamins so much I figured I would give that a shot and it's great !! They have also found it can help in allopicia patients, which most things don't help with. I'd say in your case if there's no scar tissue this should help.


#3. No more bleach for a looooooooong time.


Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!Will hair grow back from bald spots lefts from bleach chemical burns?
normally it should grow back but if you haven't seen any new growth in over a month then you may have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment